Manipur University was established on 5 June 1980, under the Manipur University Act 1980 (Manipur Act 8 of 1980), as a teaching-cum-affiliating university at Imphal with territorial jurisdiction over the state of Manipur. It was converted into a Central University w.e.f. 13 October 2005.
The university is in Canchipur, about 7 km from Imphal, the capital city of Manipur, India. The campus is spread over an area of 287 acres (1.16 km2) in historic Canchipur, the old palace of the kingdom of Manipur. The Langthabal Palace (Konung) was established by Maharaja Gambhir Singh in 1827 (October) just after the liberation of Manipur from Burmese occupation. Maharaja Gambhir Singh took his last breath in Canchipur.
Manipur University Offered Courses:-