Tamil Nadu Agrarian University (TNAU) is an agricultural college positioned in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India and was documented in the year 1971. Property is one of the best colleges in India to provide high-quality farming education. TNAU offers Admission to various plans through different grounds located at Coimbatore, Trichy, Madurai, Mettupalayam, and Periyakulam. Its large role in contribution agricultural tutoring is made likely through the eleven constituent schools and six Allied Schools.
For more information click here-Tamil Nadu Agrarian University (TNAU)
- The TNAU had begun as an Agricultural School at Saidapet in Chennai in 1876 and blossomed as a College in Coimbatore, during 1906
- In 1920, the college was affiliated to the University of Madras with the introduction of a three-year degree program
- Till 1946, the Agricultural College and Research Institute, Coimbatore was the only institute for agricultural education for the whole of South India, It was established in 1971
- TNAU has 36 Research Centers for agrotechnology development and 14 Farm Science Centers for outreach
- The University is offering 13 Scholar Degree Programs, 29 Postgraduate Degree Programs and 26 Doctoral Programs in 14 Colleges distributed in 11 grounds all over Tamil Nadu.
TNAU Courses and Admission
TNAU offers several agendas at the Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research level namely, B.Tech, B.Sc., M.Tech, M.Sc., MBA and Ph.D.
B.Tech and B.Sc. Course Eligibility
A four-year B.Tech program is offered to the candidates in five specializations and a three-year B.Sc. program is offered in five specializations. The basic criteria to apply is 10+2 with minimum 60% marks in the pertinent stream from a recognized board. Admission to B.Sc. and B.Tech courses is entirely based on merit, no entering test will be shown for the same.
M.Tech and M.Sc. Course Eligibility
- The university offers an M.Sc. and M.Tech program of two-years duration in several specializations along with the MBA program at the Postgraduate level. Admission to PG sequencer will be on the basis of Entrance Test conducted by the University. The students who are shortlisted are more called for the group discussion round.
Ph.D. Course Eligibility
- TNAU offers a Ph.D. database in several specializations to the candidates. The criteria to apply is Masters with 60% marks from a recognized Campus/ Institute. The collection will be on the basis of the University Arrival exam.
- Internationally, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University was ranked 105 among BRICS nations by the QS World University Rankings of 2018.
- NIRF hierarchical Tamil Nadu Agricultural University 28 overall in India and 17 among campuses in India in 2017.
- Fee Waiver Scheme: The State Government has started a fee waiver scheme to help the economically poor but meritorious students.
- Education Loans: Education loans are current to the needy and deserving scholars from the Nationalized Banks at reasonable rates of attention. Thesis loans are repayable after the completion of the degree/ diploma.
- Financial Help:
- Lessening in tuition fees is given to merit position holders in the qualifying examinations/ inexpensive checks and place pouches in the Academia surveys.